Primary website: The 2nd International Conference on Biosciences (ICoBio) 2017 Page
Selected papers will be published in IOP Conference Series: HAYATI Journal of Biosciences (indexed by Scopus, hosted by Elsevier) and Earth and Environmental Science (indexed by Scopus and Web of Science)
Find our registration form at Call for Papers section (CLOSED)
International Conference on Biosciences (ICoBio) is a biennial scientific event organized by Department of Biology, Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, Bogor Agricultural University (IPB), Indonesia. Currently, we are organizing “The 2nd ICoBio ” that will be held on 8-10 August 2017 at IPB International Convention Center (IICC), Bogor. ICoBio was organized successfully for the first time on August 2015.
The current theme of the 2nd ICoBio is “from genes to ecosystems” which covers broad range of biological research. This particular theme may accommodate diverse biological-related researchers from various countries and scientific institutions to communicate their research and expertise. By joining this conference, we shall elaborate the insights on current trends in biosciences as well as foster the networking among biologists and relevant stakeholders to further accelerate our effort in understanding biological phenomena and their applications substantial for sustainable living.
It is worth nothing that, the upcoming 2nd ICoBio event genuinely highlights the important aspect of basic and applied research on biosciences. In this era, cross-disciplinary sciences, such as molecular biology, bioinformatics, bionanotechnology, and social biosciences are essential for creating a better world. These interdisciplinary sciences will not only allow us to advance in sustainable food and energy security, healthcare, and environment, but also in our social relationships.
It is a matter of great privilege for us to invite you to contribute a research paper and participate in the deliberations of the conference.
We look forward to welcome you at Bogor, the home of Bogor Agricultural University.
This conference can be participated by university students and lecturers, professionals from government research institutions, private sectors and non-government organization. Policy or decision makers in biosciences-based sectors will also benefit for attending this conference.
- International Conference
– 8-9 August 2017
– Institut Pertanian Bogor International Convention Center (IPBICC), Bogor, Indonesia
- Excursion (The excursion will be held on the last day of the conference. The participants who will participate in this event are expected to register to the committee)
– 10 August 2017
Three packets of excursion:
– Taman Mini Indonesia Indah (Beautiful Indonesia Miniature Park)
– Culture tourism of Cinangneng Village and Sindang Barang, West Java
– Bogor Botanical Garden and IPB Dramaga campus tour
- ICoBio 2017 Side Event: Seminar Nasional Lebah 2017 (http://bit.ly/lebah2017)
IMPORTANT DATES (EXTENDED)
Abstract last submission date: 20 June 2017
Accepted Abstract Announcement: 30 June 2017
Early Registration Due Date: 7 July 2017
Full Paper Due Date: 30 July 2017
Last Registration Due Date: 23 July 2017
CALL FOR PAPERS
Participants are requested to send abstract of the paper through conference web page at latest on May 1st, 2017. Abstract must be written in English. The author shall certify that the abstract submitted to the committee has not been published or presented elsewhere. Selected papers will be published in IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science (indexed by Scopus and Web of Science) and HAYATI Journal of Biosciences (hosted by Elsevier). The sub themes (oral or poster presentation) includes:
- Molecular & Cellular Biology
- Genetic & Biotechnology
- Physiology, Behaviour, & Development
- Ecology, Biodiversity, & Conservation
- Biomedicine & Health
- Bio prospect & Applied biosciences
Abstract Submission Form:
- Prof Dr Ocky Karna Rajasa (DIR DRPM DIKTI, Indonesia), “Research Status and Prospect in Indonesia”
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Shamarina Shohaimi (University Putra Malaysia, Malaysia), “Statistics in Biology:
Issues and Perspectives“
- Dr Arinthip Thamchaipenet (Kasetsart University, Thailand), “Microbial Genetics and its Roles in Environment”
- Dr Ir Dedy Duryadi Solihin DEA (Bogor Agricultural University, Indonesia), “Genetic Conservation of Indonesian Rhino ”
- Prof Dr Henr y Nguyen (University of Missouri, USA), “Plant Molecular Genetics and its Roles in Agriculture”
- Prof Dr Kinya Akashi (Tottori University, Japan), “Plant Molecular Genetics in Arid Land”
- Prof Dr Yang-Seop Bae (Incheon National University, South Korea), “Insect Biodiversity and its Roles in Ecosystems”
- Prof Dr Yasumasa Bessho (NAIST, Japan), “Regulation of Animal Development”
*July 7th, 2017
**July 23rd, 2017
***A scan copy of Student ID card should be uploaded for Online Registration and Abstract Submission
Registration fee covers conference proceeding and materials, tea/coffee breaks, and lunches.
Methods of Payment
1. Bank Transfer
Bank Rakyat Indonesia (BRI) KCP IPB
Account no : 0595-01-029622-50-7
Name : Dr. dr. Hj. SRI BUDIARTI PHD.
Bank Negara Indonesia (BNI) Cabang Bogor
Swift Code : BNINIDJABGR
Account no : 0304886957 (IDR)
Name : Sulistijorini
2. Credit Card
Payment can be made online via PayPal using Visa or Master Cards or PayPal account.
For more information about payment, please refer to our web.
ICOBIO 2015 GALLERY
International Conference on Biosciences (ICoBio) 2015
Our knowledge in biology has allowed us to achieve better understanding on many biological phenomena as well as their applications or exploitation in agriculture, food safety and security, industrial, medical, and environmental conservation. However, our advances in applied biology also generate some negative implications, such as diminishing biodiversity, imbalance in food resources, evolving novel infectious agents, and the lack of understanding of non-infectious diseases or metabolic disorders. The good news is that the emerging cross-disciplinary sciences, such as molecular biology, bioinformatics, bionanotechnology, and even between biology and social biosciences will be very useful tools to help us in creating a better world.
These interdisciplinary sciences will not only allow us to advance in sustainable food and energy security, healthcare, and environment, but also in our social relationships. Our advances in biology may broaden our perspective in being a unique individual and in appreciating human biodiversity for living in peace and harmony.
To gain insights on current trends in biology researches and teaching, such as the essential of interdisciplinary approaches in understanding biology and its applications
To foster networking among biologists and relevant stakeholders to accelerate our effort in understanding biological phenomena and their applications for human welfare